from The Splendid Table, NPR
Conversation Starters from Henry Alford
- What was the best thing you ate this year?
- What new friends did you make this year?
- What do you wish you were doing more of in your life?
- What was the most helpful invention of the past 100 years?
- What was the most destructive?
- What are the first three things you would do if you were President?
- Who would you cast in the starring role of a movie about your mother?
- Describe your own version of heaven.
- In a world with laser surgery, space travel, and aerosol cheese... why hasn't anyone invented a pill that makes you feel like you got a good night's sleep?
- How might the world be made better if, outside of crises, the entire country had a 24 hour-long global moratorium on talking?
Some additional conversation starters from The Splendid Table
- What do you like most about yourself?
- Did you ever get into trouble as a kid?
- Did you/do you like school?
- Who was your most memorable teacher?
- Tell the story of your first kiss.
- If you could do anything, now, what would you do?
- What age were you when you really knew who you were?
- What was your first job?
- Do you have any phobias?
- What do you find the most attractive in the opposite sex?
- Do you like to flirt?